Oilconvo is committed to protecting your privacy to the best of our ability while maintaining a great platform for you to share ideas and converse with others.
Note: Any reference to “we,” “us”, “our website” or Oilconvo are references to the Oilconvo.com site (the “Website”) and all of our partner web sites. Oilconvo may provide links to the websites of many other companies to which this policy does not apply. We cannot, and do not, assume responsibility for the privacy or information policies, practices or actions of any third parties. Oilconvo is a fully owned subsidiary of E and E Ventures LLC.
By providing personal information to Oilconvo, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.
We will maintain and protect the personal information under our control. We have designated an individual who is accountable for compliance with the Principles. If you have questions about our privacy statement or our use of your information, or if you need help changing your personal information or to opt-out, please contact us by sending e-mail to [email protected]
- THE INFORMATION WE GATHER.
We gather two types of information about users:
- Non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify a specific individual): When visitors use the Services, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Services. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of our Website and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements. We collect non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of “cookies” – that is, small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive – that help us determine the type of content and pages to which you link, the length of time you spend at any particular area of the Services, and the Services you choose to use.
Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience with the Services. Nevertheless, you should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser.
Third Party Advertisers
Please note that our advertisers and their designees, as well as other third parties, may collect information about you through cookies or other technologies when they serve advertisements through the Services or when you visit their web site(s). If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you should be able to prevent the collection of that information via privacy settings of your browser. Please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Links to Other Sites
This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by this company and our policies. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Website.
- Personally identifiable information: In certain areas of the Services, such as those in which you complete a profile, submit your writings, create a new account, or enter Oilconvo -sponsored contests or promotions, we may request that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, zip code, profession, or work experience. We will, in such situations, seek to identify which informational items are required and which are optional. When a user chooses to create a Oilconvo advertisement we also collect billing information.
Community members should post profiles on our Website only if they wish such information to be viewed by other members and Oilconvo customers. This pertains to resume/CV uploads should Oilconvo choose to add a career section. At any time, Oilconvo members may elect that their profile not be searchable/ remain private, by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile under the settings tab or, if that is not possible, they may contact us at [email protected]convo.com and we will assist as best as possible, including making the change for members. Please note, the request must come from the email address matching the account’s email address for changes to be made.
The Services are not available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
Please note that we cannot control the acts of users of the Services. All members and visitors should be aware that, when they disclose personally identifiable information in a profile, resume/CV or other medium, the information may be collected and used by others to send that person unsolicited email from other parties outside Oilconvo. In the event that you encounter any Oilconvo user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact [email protected]
- HOW WE USE (AND DO NOT USE) THE INFORMATION WE GATHER.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that, while Oilconvo encourages all third parties involved, including but not limited to its advertisers, to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and members and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from Oilconvo or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with Oilconvo, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact [email protected] We will be happy to forward your message to the third party or contact the third party on your behalf.
- How we use (and do not use) non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and members, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Services. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers, users, and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
- How we use (and do not use) personally identifiable information: We do not sell, re-sell or distribute for re-sale your personally identifiable information. If you believe a Oilconvo customer is using personally identifiable information inappropriately, please notify Oilconvo at [email protected]
If Oilconvo is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. Oilconvo reserves the right to assign, sell, license, or otherwise transfer to a third party your personally identifiable information in connection with an assignment, sale, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of any portion or all of Oilconvo’s or its affiliated entities’ assets or stock.
Subject to the foregoing, Oilconvo uses your personally identifying information in several ways:
- to customize various aspects of the Services to your preferences;
- to determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear on your screen;
- in connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications;
- if other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Oilconvo Profile information, such as your name and photo;
- to send to you Oilconvo solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these materials, as provided below);
- to send to you certain e-mail messages that are critical to your use of the Services, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to “opt out” of receiving such messages);
- to generate marketing materials based on data you provide via uploading files to the Website or connecting to third party services (e.g. LinkedIn, Gmail) that transmit data directly to the Website, including, but not limited to, photos, likenesses, names, contacts, email addresses, personal summaries, work history, urls, blog posts, questions and answers, and other similar data;
- to “pre-populate” forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by Oilconvo and/or its sponsors (in no case will pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to an advertiser or other third party – only if you voluntarily request that such data be transferred will any such transfer take place, e.g., by clicking the “Submit” button); and
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Services, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.
In addition to the circumstances described above, Oilconvo may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as follows:
- When a member posts a profile on the Website on a non-confidential basis, such information will be shared with our customers. (Note that at any time, any member may elect that their profile not be made private by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or they may contact Oilconvo at [email protected] we will make the change for them.)
- If you “opt in” to receive promotional materials from third parties, information you have made available to us may be made available to third parties who provide goods or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing credit card transaction or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Opting Out: You may receive promotional materials from us about Oilconvo Services, or on behalf of Oilconvo’s affiliates, advertisers, or other business partners. You may “opt out” of receiving such materials at any time in a variety of ways: by using the “opt-out” link included in each email, by changing your subscriptions preferences on the ” settings” page of your profile or by contacting us at [email protected] If you have provided more than one email address to our service, you may continue to be contacted, unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided. If you opted in to receive information directly from third parties, then you must contact those third parties directly to opt-out.
- All information made available to Oilconvo may be made available to our contractors and consultants, and professional advisors (such as attorneys or accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and only under a duty of confidentiality.
- Email to a Friend: If you choose to use our referral service to tell another person about the site, a post, a question or job, we will ask you for that person’s email address. We will automatically send that person a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We use this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and do not store these email addresses.
- Friends: One of the key features of the Oilconvo community is allowing members to invite friends to join them in the oil and gas conversation. To support this functionality, you may provide the email addresses of your contacts, either by typing them in or uploading a list of contacts, which Oilconvo will contact on your behalf. For your contacts who are already members of Oilconvo, a friend request will be initiated and the member notified via a private message and email, if the user has opted to receive such notifications via email. For your contacts who are not members of Oilconvo, an invitation email will be generated and sent to the email address provided, if the user has not previously opted out of email communications from Oilconvo. In either case, reminder emails may be sent to the recipient, if he or she does not opt out of receiving further connection or invite reminders. In addition, as long as your connection or invite is in a pending state (i.e. it has not been accepted or ignored by the recipient or cancelled by you, the sender), it may be aggregated or combined with other pending friend requests or “invites” to a given member or email address in order to provide a count or list of pending connections in other email communications sent to that member or email address.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at [email protected]
- SURVEYS AND SWEEPSTAKES
Occasionally, Oilconvo may conduct surveys in order to better deliver advertisements and content and to better understand your needs relating to the Services. We will not share your survey information with any third party, except in aggregate form.
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). That information, to the extent it conflicts with this policy, will govern that particular promotion or sweepstakes – please remember to read it carefully.
We may use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor Website use, to personalize the site, to send participants an email, and to measure participants’ demographics, interests and opinions. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
- SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
- FORUMS/BULLETIN BOARDS/COMMENTS
If you contribute to any user generated forum on this Website (for example: answers, debate, comments), you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from Oilconvo’s database, or would like to correct an error in such information, please contact us at [email protected], and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within Oilconvo databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; if you have provided more than one email address to our service, you may continue to be contacted, unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you may have provided.
- Access: If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Member Support Team at Oilconvo at [email protected] We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
- Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us at [email protected] We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.